Got an upcoming family vacation to plan for? We bet your kids are thrilled for your upcoming vacation, road trip, or flight – and perhaps they’re packing and unpacking their favorite belongings, trying to get it all to fit into their little suitcase. Here are some travel tips to help your kiddos out (and yourselves) in order to make the most of your family holiday!
1. Makin’ a List and Checkin’ It Twice: Make a packing checklist. Clean socks... check. Better-for-you travel snacks… check. Pet turtle… Probably not. Making a list will help you make sure to bring all the stuff you need!
2. Happy Feet: Wear your comfiest shoes. The best trips usually involve a lot of walking. So whether you’re visiting an amusement park or exploring a new city, chances are you’ll be on your feet A LOT. Keep your feet happy and you'll have a lot more fun.
3. Bring in the Fun: Pack a good book or your favorite tunes. Long road trips and plane rides can get really boring if you don’t have something fun to read or listen to. A book and a pair of earbuds can help pass the time and take you somewhere fun, even when you’re stuck sitting next to your little brother or sister.
4. Weather or not: Pack for good weather…and not so good weather. No one likes rain on a trip to the beach, but if you pack the right stuff, you can make the best of it. Splashing in puddles sure beats being stuck in a hotel room. You can’t change the weather, but you can always change your clothes.
5. Snack Attack: Pack plenty of tasty snacks. Snacks make everything better, especially traveling. It’s not fun to go exploring on an empty stomach! Bring your favorite Zee Zees treats and everyone will be happier. Visit www.zeezees.com to stock up on Zee Zees snacks for your trip!
6. Watching the World Go By: Don’t forget to look out the window. Sitting still can be the worst. Plan games like our Zee Zees Travel Activities Kit to keep everyone entertained on your journey. Plus, the big adventure is in the world outside your window!
7. Good, Better, Best, Never Fear a Little Rest: It’s okay to have a little downtime on your trip. Sometimes your parents need a rest, and so do you. Don’t be afraid to relax at the hotel for a while and recharge your batteries. All the fun will be waiting when everyone is ready to go.
8. Home Away From Home: Pack one special toy or snuggle buddy. You don’t have to bring the whole toy box—there’s going to be plenty to enjoy on your adventure. But, bringing one favorite toy or pillow or blanket can make a new place feel just like home.
9. Living the Vida Local: Try the local food. Chicken tenders are great no matter where you are, but sometimes if you try a new dish you might end up with a new favorite. The pizza in Chicago is different than the pizza in New York, so don’t be afraid to try a new slice.
10. Have fun! The most important travel tip of all is to have a great time. Don’t let little setbacks get in the way of having an awesome trip with your family. Keep an open mind and an open heart, and chances are you’ll have the best trip ever.